Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Gamification Part 1

Today, I jumped into gamifying my classroom, and I am sold! I just started my first blended and personalized unit, and teams were reviewing character analysis. So, I turned it into a game! The goal is to create the best "ice" fortress for their character. (The ice is actually sugar cubes.) They earned ice by working as a team to complete activities. To do this, I incorporated a QR break-in. Students were engaged and excited! We decided to continue the game tomorrow since only one group completed 3/10 activities and the others only completed 2. I will post more results tomorrow, but you can grab the activity here! Frozen Character Analysis

*I made homemade sugar cubes, and it was super easy! 1 bag of sugar to 1/2 cup of water; mix; spread evenly on a parchment paper-covered sheet pan; cut cubes; bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes; Pull off the tray to cool and break them apart!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Gamification Part 1

Today, I jumped into gamifying my classroom, and I am sold! I just started my first blended and personalized unit, and teams were reviewing ...